What is Chiropractic Therapy?
Chiropractic therapy is a health care and pain relief technique based on proper spinal motion and nervous system function. Through normal wear and tear on the body or because of injury, spinal joints can become restricted and inflamed. This causes interference with an irritation of nerve roots exiting the spine, which causes pain and other health problems. By providing gentle manipulation to these spinal joints, our chiropractors decrease these restrictions and inflammations, restoring nerve function and spinal motion.
According to The Association of Chiropractic Colleges, "Chiropractic is a health care discipline which emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs and surgery. The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health."
Benefits of Chiropractic Therapy:
Short-term and on-going chiropractic Care benefits include:
- spinal and extremity pain relief
- headache relief
- increased mobility and range of motion
- decreased stiffness and muscular spasms
- relief from arthritic joint pain increased joint health
- increased performance and energy
- increased sense of well being and relaxation
- increased balance and coordination
- reduced degeneration and risk of injury
- enhanced tissue healing
- decreased tissue inflammation
Although doctors of chiropractic treat more than just back pain, statistics show that a majority of patients seek chiropractic care for back pain. The statistics show....
- Thirty-one million Americans have low back pain at any given time
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of us will experience a back problem at some time in our lives
- One half of all working Americans admit to having back symptoms each year
- One third of all Americans over age 18 had a back problem in the past five years severe enough for them to seek professional help And the cost of this care is estimated to be a staggering $50 Billion yearly
Because back problems are this common it's probably going to happen to you too! Shouldn't you find out what to do about it before it happens rather than after? Book an appointment with us!